Bugs and Feature requests
Mapper has a project page on Maemo Garage, report any bugs or feature requests there.
Current Work in Progress
There are currently two branches of development, the "stable" versions (1.x.x) and development version. A almost full rewrite is going on in the development branch, to split out the different components into more generic libraries and plugins.
|Rewriting map view to a proper Gtk widget
|Documenting Map widget
|Rewriting paths (tracks and routes) to a GObject||50%|
|Rewriting gps sources to a GObject||10%|
|Audio interface widget||90%|
These are some of the features that have a somewhat higher priority than the Ideas section below.
- Add different Modes (Map view, Map creating/fixing)
- Exporting track with marker and notes in OSM XML format
- Add POI warnings
- Special case for speed cams
- Display ETA
- Display more location information
- Routing using OSM data (not gpx download/Google)
- Support GeoClue for initial position or when there is no GPS available
- Exporting user added/updated POIs as OSM files
- Uploading directly to OSM using OSM API
- Uploading GPX tracks directly to OSM track repo
- Import/Export POIs in GPX and OSM
- Make a proper gststreamer plugin for espeak
This is just a log of some ideas that pop into my mind.
- Set location (/me is in PubThisAndThat in City (@60.25123,22.25123)) in IM apps (Pidgin, Gossip, Empathy)
- Should be easy, all use D-Bus
- Add support for sending location and ETA as SMS or E-mail to someone
- Receive location/ETA from someone using E-mail, SMS, IM
- Parse lat,lon from IM message and show on map
- Add "Where are your friends/dog/etc ?" feature
- Some kind of simple UDP or HTTP+XML based client/server system for logging where you are
- You can query where your friends are and Mapper displays them on the map
- Dog tracker (For hunting?), something like what this Pointer product does.
- Simple car fuel/expense tracking